April Child Abuse Prevention Month
Every day, The Children’s Assessment Center (CAC) hears the painful accounts of child sexual abuse committed by family members, friends, teachers and strangers. We treat nearly 4,000 sexually abused children every year.
- One in four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before their eighteenth birthday
- Over 95% of children are abused by someone they know and trust
- Only one in ten children will tell of their abuse
- One in five children are solicited sexually while online
This April, The Children's Assessment Center is joining the country to bring much needed attention to the issues of child abuse intervention and prevention.
The Children's Assessment Center will be conducting a number of activities on a local level to recognize the importance of raising awareness and communityt education surrounding the subject of child abuse. Click here for a Child Abuse Prevention Month Calendar of Events.
Help The CAC this April Child Abuse Prevention Month! Become involved in the fight against child sexual abuse. Be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Let’s not stand by silently. Simple actions can change a child's life.
- Contact The Children's Assessment Center (CAC) to train you, your youth serving organization, school, church, etc.
- Download The Children's Assessment Center's Tip Card to learn signs and symptoms of abuse and how to report abuse
- Tour The CAC and learn more about the services provided and how you can be a part by emailing email@example.com
- Organize a Wear Blue Day to support April Child Abuse Prevention Month. Take pictures and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may share them on our website and Facebook.
- Copy Statistics and use them in communications with your friends, families or acquaintances to spread awareness on the number of children affected by child sexual abuse.
- Like us on Facebook. Post Facebook and Twitter Posts supporting The Children's Assessment Center and Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Together we can make a difference!