What We Do
The CAC is dedicated to providing a multidisciplinary team approach in the prevention, assessment, investigation and treatment of child sexual abuse with a mission to provide a professional, compassionate and coordinated approach to the treatment of sexually abused children and their families and to serve as an advocate for all children in our community.
Sexual abuse spares no race, ethnicity, nationality, or socio-economic group. Sexual abuse is often covered with a veil of secrecy and silence, which, in turn, perpetuates the cycle and enables the abuse to continue. There is an estimated 39 million adult survivors of child sexual abuse in America today.
The Children’s Assessment Center substantially benefits child sexual abuse victims and their families by offering the following services:
- One child-friendly location
- On-site medical and clinical assessments using state-of-the-art, non-invasive equipment. Our partners, Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, handle after-hours assessments so care is available 24/7
- Joint training for all professionals and volunteers
- Elimination of repetitive interviews of children by co-housing all treatment professionals and team staffing all cases
- Quality, coordinated assessment and planning to ensure the success of recovery by children and families
- Volunteer supervision for the children while obtaining services