Volunteers are integral to our organization. Below you will find details about the types of volunteer opportunities that serve our mission.
Direct Service Volunteers
As a Direct Service Volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work in our on-site activity center. Your role will be to establish rapport and create a comfortable and safe environment for children as they await services at The Children’s Assessment Center (The CAC). Responsibilities include: providing food, clothing, emotional support, friendship and an active environment where children, ages birth through 17, can play and explore. You may volunteer in the activity center anytime it is open (Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 9am-6pm, Fri. 9am-5pm, closed on weekends).
In order to work directly with the children we serve in the activity center, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license or government issued ID, and a social security card.
You will also need to:
- Attend the next scheduled volunteer training – to register, email Danielle.Igbani@cac.hctx.net.
- Submit your application – The application will be sent to you upon registration for the training. Information from the application will be used to run a criminal and CPS background check.
- Attend a volunteer interview.
Indirect Service Volunteers
Throughout the year, The CAC hosts several events for the children we serve and as fundraising opportunities. Indirect Volunteer opportunities include events such as the Back to School events in August, and the Holiday events in December, the Advocate Through Art Party, Spirit of Spring and various third party events. All Special Event Volunteers entering the building must have valid photo identification that will be scanned at the front desk. V-soft is the leading visitor management system for schools and community facilities; instantly screens for registered sex offenders in all 50 states.
For more information or questions about volunteering at Special Events, please contact Danielle Igbani at Danielle.Igbani@cac.hctx.net.
Below are a few examples of Special Event Volunteers:
Summer Fun Activities – Sponsor a summer fun activity benefiting The Children’s Assessment Center:
- Carnival Day – Children play carnival games and collect tickets for donated prizes
- Host an Ice Cream Social
- Host a Pizza Party for Movie Day
Back to School – August
- Volunteer at The Back to School Party
- Host a school supply drive benefiting The Children’s Assessment Center
Halloween Parade – October
- Collect costumes for children ages 2-17 for the Halloween Parade
- Donate candy to The CAC for the Halloween Parade
Host a Toy Drive for The Annual Gift Giving Program – November-December
Other Opportunities include:
- Host a drive to collect items for The CAC’s Rainbow Room (all items should be new) socks, shoes, undergarments, diapers, formula, clothing for boys and girls ages 2-17, toothpaste, deodorant, feminine products, toothbrushes, etc.
- Donate New Children’s Books to The CAC
It takes special people, with a special heart, to work with child victims of sexual abuse. We want to support our volunteers in every way we can. To this end, The CAC provides free trainings throughout the year to all CAC volunteers. We also work to provide pertinent, professional resources to our volunteers. Please see the list of articles below as well as links to other resources.